It is a style of massage therapy in which basalt stones which retain heat are placed at specific areas on the client’s body to promote relaxation and to help with circulation.
Muscles are pre-treated with the heated stones to allow the therapist to more easily perform deep tissue manipulations.
- Promotes deep muscle and tissue relaxation
- Alleviates stress
- Releases toxins
- Relieves pain
- Improves circulation
Why can’t I receive Hotstone massage?
- Blood clots / prone to blood clots
- Bruise easily
- Cancer, chemotherapy or radiation treatments
- Depressed immune system any of the following diseases: Lupus, HIV/AIDS, Cancer, Epstein Barr, Mononucleosis, etc.
- Heart problems
- Heat sensitivity
- High blood pressure
- Inflamed skin conditions
- Nerve trauma
- Open wounds or sores
- Peripheral vascular disorder
- Recent Surgery
- Taking medications that have side effects to heat (please check with your pharmacist if you are not certain)
- Varicose veins